Thursday, June 21, 2007

No News Yet...

Just thought I'd update you... that there is nothing to update you on! We're still going strong here... vacuuming, mopping, laundry, playing, walking and doing stairs! (it's supposed to help)
I have been having quite a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions today though, so I'm (we're) hoping it could still turn into something yet. Today was the day I predicted Baby to arrive and that's not out of the question yet. Could still happen - not Elijah-style, but Samuel-style. So stay tuned. I'll try to update again when we are off to the hospital... then you'll know to check back for pictures and details. :)

Happy First Day of Summer!! Oh and there are some free things going on this coming weekend you might like to know about too...

  • Michael's Canada Day Come and Go Activities, June 23 from 10:00-3:00, for all ages
  • Children's Festival in Mission on Sunday, June 24 from 10:00-4:00 at Fraser River Heritage Park... FREE (probably just look for an ad in the papers coming out this weekend)
  • NEXT week Sunday, Canada Day, there is a parade at 11:00 and Family Festivites (very cool) at Rotary beginning at 1:00... Rachel, you'll be busy moving in, but whoever is watching the boys might like to know about this event to pop on down the road to it for a bit... I can post more details next week, if I get a chance!

8 comments:

Julie said...

too bad nothing is happening yet but it will!! Take some castor oil in orange juice, worked like a charm for Emma!! or, do lots of squatting too!! what else, if i think of something i will let ya know!!!! can't wait to hear the news!

Jen S. said...

Ya, I guess I could do that! Someone suggested that yesterday to me too... and squats, yes, I have heard that but haven't done them. Better go to it now!
You'll hear from Sherry as soon as we make a phone call to her and Dev. :)
Thanks Julie!

rachel joy said...

You're just so thoughtful, thinking of our entertainment while you wait for your impending labour pains! We won't get in until the evening on July 1 and will be hanging out with my parents that night. We'll be staying with them while we get our house painted and settled. Will be watching for your news!

when do your girls leave ... ? :(

Jen S. said...

oh, okay! I see, Rachel. Well, now that you are going to be local, you'll have a good idea of what's going on and actually be able to do some or most of the things that you feel up to! :) yea!

the Girls leave next Thursday, the 28th at 6:30am. SOOOOO... I am desperately hoping I am not in labour on Wednesday. That's the day I need to help them pack...etc and I want of course, to spend the day with them, not in pain.

Korinne Tjepkema said...

Hey Jen - I've been obsessively checking your blog every moment I get just to see if you have any news! I wasn't right on my guess - Oh well! I'll keep on checking!

Korinne Tjepkema said...

Hey! You're not supposed to be commenting on my blog, you're SUPPOSED to be in the hospital having a cute little baby!! C'mon!

Jen S. said...

no kidding...I should be.
oh well. I REALLY hope and I'm losing my hope, that Baby comes before Monday and if not, then she better wait til Thursday then.
C'mon now, I agree!!

So here's the update: June 22 @ 2:32, still home and nothing happening. We may go to the Loonie Swim after school, so maybe if I swim some lanes? LOL, ya right.

Jen S. said...

Well, I did swim the lane twice, so I'm hoping that will also help in addition to what I have done... no cod liver oil yet... maybe I'll resort to that on Sunday if Baby hasn't come yet. We'll see!
(June 22, 8:38pm)