Yesterday was the Girls last day with us; so right after breakfast I got them each to make this little 'brag book' that Sarah had shown us on her blog. Since they hadn't at that time yet, been able to meet our Baby Girl, I thought I would give them the opportunity to make a special booklet/album for "her". I'll send them each 6 photos of Baby when she finally arrives and they can fill this booklet up. Sarah, love this idea. I made a couple of my own which I haven't filled completely until Baby arrives and will then give them away and I have plans to make 3 more for Aunts who are in Quebec and a Great-Grandmother... waiting for Baby though to complete!
Alexa and I arranged to let Jade, Sara and Katie go for a swim on their own yesterday morning too... for the last time. Then we got their luggage completed and went out for ice cream to DQ after dinner as our goodbye treat. I asked my Family to meet us there so the Girls could say their farewells too... Here is my Mom (Grandma) sharing her blizzard with Sammie. Yummy!
Then today we were up at 6:00 (I had insomnia from 4:15 on, so by 6:00 I was ready to get going for the day) to get the Girls off. It was sad to say Goodbye after such an experience with them. Five months is a long time and it was a VERY good experience for us. Elijah knows 'the girls are going to China' but what that menas to him, who knows. I'm sure and expecting to hear "where are the girls? At school?" for a bit here UNLESS Baby decides to come soon, then that'll be a good distraction.
My Dad (Grandpa) and Paul came to see the Girls off this morning too. My Dad works nights so he missed out on DQ last night...
Update: (boy, this is a long post) Obviously I'm not as busy as Laurie, Rachel or Korinne who are all moving this week... nor have I had my Baby, yet. My Midwife tried today, again, to "sweep" (I'll leave it at that for those of you who will know what that is) but no luck again. I guess this Baby is quite content inside. Man, these third pregnancies are unpredictable! But, now that the girls are gone and it's obviously not a possibility for them to meet Baby, I'm completely fine with going as long as Baby wants/needs to. We even dared to cross the Border today in search of a double stroller. We found one and I didn't go into labour (we thought maybe we'd work Murphey's Law a bit and see if crossing into an other country [not the best idea at this stage of the game] would bring labour on, but nope)... so stay tuned all you faithful bloggers. One of these days I'll have a post for you. (however Alexa was the one who was going to log onto my blog to post the update for you after Baby arrived... now she is gone for the weekend... but I'll get here as quick as I can...)
Until next time...
5 comments:
Have a good weekend... I'm praying for a nice short labour for you, it better be after all this waiting :) Maybe the Canada Day activities will put you into labour and she'll be born late on the first like Sammie.... That way she'll still be less than a day by the time I get to see her. Anita and I will be "patiently" waiting.
Well, thanks! I hope too, that this will be a short labour, like Samuel's...but then again, this Baby is doing anything-but being a repeat of my past 2 pregnancies! So we'll see...
And yes, maybe Canada day will do it... if not, maybe I can manage to muster and drink up that cocktail my midwife gave me on MONDAY morning.
Have fun!
I am a checking faithfully. Waiting....now I can see how you felt when it had been 3 days with me in the hospital & you still hadn't heard anything. I am hoping & praying for a quick labor for you. I am quite sure it'll be a lot shorter than mine with Calleigh.
See the thing with yours Jamie, was we knew you were going in to get induced and in the past when you've been induced you labour pretty quick after that... so to not hear from you for 3 days (well, untiil I got an update from MIL) was killing us!!
I'll do my best to say that I'm on my way and then hopefully you can expect a message within 12-15 hours. I sure hope so! I guess that will depend on the time of day too... :)
Thanks for thinking of me and praying.
Still no signs today... Friday @ 1:20.
Friday night... nothing still. Well, I've been having a good set of Braxton Hicks which is good but doesn't mean anything.
Now that she has waited this long to arrive, we're really hoping it will be July 1st... would be really cool to have all three kids with a "first of the month" birthday.
Post a Comment