Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday

This morning we went over to Sherry and Marayah's house for a play time too! Busy busy! We had a great morning playing outside and eating Sherry's very yummy Coffee Cake Blueberry Muffins! Thanks!

Here you see Sherry (only 11 weeks to go before Baby #2 comes! Hooray!) and the kids all searching for fallen hazelnuts. They collected all the ones that the squirrels have wiggled out of the tree and Elijah put them into a bag to bring home. He was pretty excited about these nuts!
And here's my Baby, my Strong Baby Girl. She loves to stand up on our legs or the table already. She can move herself already (at 6 weeks) from a different spot than where I placed her. For example, I wished I had thought to take a picture first, but I didn't realize she'd moved this much! I placed Gabi at "3:00" on this mat, looking at it like you are... she moved completely around counter-clockwise to "6:30" (shown). Isn't that nuts??? And do you see what she is doing?Yup, she found her thumb yesterday... and again today... so maybe I've got myself a first-thumb-sucker.Oh and Gabi is doing great in the sleep department. Maybe I have finally got a good sleeper! Well, I do and I hope she sticks with it. She'd done quite a few 6 hour stretches like I've mentioned before. Then last week she did three nights of 8 hours... and the last night she went from 10:00-7:00 (or as I count it from 9:00, her last feed). AND last night Samuel (and Elijah) were at Grandma's overnight so I actually got to benefit from her full night's rest!!! For the FIRST time in a LONG LONG LONG time. :) Keep it up, Baby Girl.

EDIT: oh my goodness... this whole time all three children have been asleep. Gabi, where I left her on the floor... or so I thought, until just now when I went up there... look at this. She's moved all this way now!!! Unbelievable. Ahhhhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've got an active one, watch out, she'll be crawling before you know it!!!

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

She might be keeping you busy VERY soon. She might be an early crawler. No setting here on the dryer....

Jen S. said...

ya, she is going to keep me busy. I like to put my Baby's on the table you know while we are in the kitchen area... but she actually scoots, so I can't!! Oh well. At least on my bed, if I lay here there, it's a duvet so she won't be able to get a good footing to push herself.