Friday, August 10, 2007

Oregon

We are here and having fun! We're just doing naps now and I have internet, so I thought I'd quickly do a post.
While I fed Gabi yesterday afternoon, Jason headed to the beach with the boys and I was going to catch up with him. The sun wasn't out at the time he left (common for the Oregon Coast), so we thought he and the boys would walk to the water, look around...etc. Well, no. The sun came out and warm with no wind, so in the water they all ventured. Sweatpants, hoodies n' all. Oh well. I was surprised when I came awalking down the beach to see them IN the water. The coooooolllld Pacific Ocean, not a 'warm' lake. I'm quite impressed. Even Jason only goes into the water for boogy boarding...etc, WITH a wet suit on.there was a little 'pool' of water on the water-edge, which was nice for them to splash in and throw sand around and on them. I have more photos and may blog more when we get back as a finale trip post, but for now...
We we checked in to our hotel there was a bit of a mix-up. But it all works out in our favour including a free Family Pass to the Aquarium about 500 feet from our hotel. We went this morning. This is super tiny; I'd never pay $ to go to it, but for free it was a nice way to spend 45 minutes this morning (LOL).

We're back to the beach this afternoon, when it warms up here.

Alexa: I'm waiting for the hotel phone to ring...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will probably make it back... unless something happens today, but i doubt it :)

Laurie said...

So were you supposed to get the free pass?? With the hotel room. Can't complain for free stuff LOL :)

Too cute, at the beach! What a nice family time!!!

Jen S. said...

Nope, we weren't supposed to get the free pass. He felt bad that there was a mixup, that didn't affect us at all... and so pulled this pass out of the drawer for us. Nice gesture.

tim|helen|adia|kalanie|rilanna said...

so good to know....
we are actually headed down to seaside here in a few days. and were thinking of going to the aquarium.....now i don't think we will waste the money.
any other tips on what to do?? where to eat????

Jen S. said...

Hey, Helen: ready for some "tips":

- Tilamook ice cream cones (soooo yummy) at the candy shop off the "strip" for only 75cents. Gotta love that. I love the Udderly Chocolate flavour!
- in the arcade place... the entrance to on the left (there are 3 entrances) with the pizza in the front... go to the first set of Skee Ball Machines and if you start hitting the start button (like 3 times in a row) you should get some free games. We played SEVERAL games for free LOL. It was fun!!! We'd get Sammie to go and push the buttons... too funny!! (we did too; I don't feel bad if it's going to give us free games, sheesh!)
- ya, Aqarium. You can see the seals from a window looking into the aquarium. and if you step into the entrance, what you see just past the seals is what you get. Not worth it at all. Good choice (compared to the Vancouver Aquarium)
- what else? Do you have a place to stay? Not that there would be any vacancy anymore at our hotel of choice, but it's a GREAT deal for a small block off the beach (Hillcrest Inn)
I think that's all I can mention. Oh, as for where to eat. We ate out only once on our trip, b/c we had a kitchenette in our room. And we ate that meal at McD's! We always stop at Fred Meyer along the way (you can't miss it) to get our groceries.