Saturday, April 18, 2009

Music Box

On the way to the Gym this morning, the song I am so familiar with from a local Christian Radio station, sounded a little different to me today as I sang along.

The song is by Chris Tomlin "I Will Rise" and here are the lyrics:

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
[x2]

[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

With my Grandpa being called by name by our Father two days ago - this song just rings a little new tune in me and the words become so real. Take a listen:Oh, how will it be to hear the voice of many angels sing, Worthy is the Lamb! Sometimes it's inconceivable to realize I know someone who has now met Jesus and experienced what we were born for, what we are to long for...this is last September when we were there for my Grandma's Memorial Service.

We will be headed to Gibsons next week for the Celebration of his Life. Elijah is quite excited to go to Gibsons again - we all are, though as I said before it is a weird thought for me to think that this is our "last" trip to Gibsons for the sake of visiting my Grandparent's.
Anyway, Elijah has asked if "old Grandpa" (that's what we called them when we went to visit both my Grandparent's in May 2008) will be in a Music Box like Old Grandma was (music box is the casket). I'm not sure where the "music box" idea came from while at the viewing of my Grandma... but you know, it could be a great description of a coffin - Music Box - where our body lies while we are making music with the Heavenly Hosts. (I'm not an analytical thinker, so someone might have a better idea of I could have said, but for me, this will do!)
Be encouraged!

Edit: My Mom told me today that it was actually Sammy that had the conversation about "old Grandma" in the Music Box last August when we were there to view my Grandma... Sammy wanted to keep going up to look at her with my Mom... regardless the "music box" idea stuck with Elijah from hearing Sammy talk about it I guess, because we don't believe Elijah actually went up to see "old Grandma" in the casket...
For Old Grandpa's service, apparently there won't be a viewing at all but the boys have been told by my Mom that Old Grandpa will be in a flower pot instead... Elijah of course is quite interested in how Old Grandpa fits into the flower pot and has now learned about cremation.

No comments: