Thursday, April 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I'm doing the Challenge from Lucy's Life blog - what makes your house a home?
Lucy's House a Home Giveaway
And although we've moved six times in our 10+ years of marriage, every house we have is still our home as soon as we get possession! But hopefully this house will be our home for more than our record of 2 years 7months (our last place)... I am very hopeful!!

Family makes this house a home first of all... but I don't have a picture of the five of us recently.

Framed pictures of Family and Friends...and on my fridge...and decor like this H-O-M-E I made...and this in my entrance way:and this special gift I received from Alexa that is stationed above my stove to act as a reminder to have JOY always as well as remembering what J-O-Y could stand for (Jesus, Others, Yourself):
...and house plants...memories - scrapbooking is a hobby of mine - and my kids love to look through themAnd as much as I love going on vacation, it is always good to use my own bathroom...and sleep in my own bed the sound of windchimes in my backyard is something I love to listen forand the sight and scents of candles which I only tend to light when we have company overand finally popcorn has to be on this list since it is Jason's all-time favourite snack - and is becoming a favourite of our kids tooI could add more of what make our house our home... like my kitchen and my laptop... as well as important aspects of living, laughing and loving!

What makes your house your home? You have a good amount of time left to come up with a list too and share it with Lucy!

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Thanks for joining in! You've got yourself 3 entries!!! Good luck!

Unknown said...

I thought I would stop by your blog for a visit. I'm taking a day off..more like a sick day.
Thank goodness for laptops.
We love popcorn too. We really enjoy watching a DVD while enjoying a big bowl of the stuff.

Laurie said...

awwww Jen that is a wonderful submission! I love it!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!