
On Friday it was high time I got to take Elijah on a date.
Anita, a friend of mine, once heard to plan monthly (or how ever often you want to do it in the year) dates for each of your children on their birth-date day... get it? Like IF Elijah was born on 25th (he wasn't), then I would (could/should) plan to reserve the 25th or as close to that date as possible each month for him and I (or alternate between Jason and him) to go on a date together. I thought that was a pretty cool idea! This date didn't happen to be anywhere close to the date of his birthday, but it was a special date none-the-less! With that idea, the more kids you have though the more often you are going on dates if you did it monthly... might then be considered to be 1 date/month alternating between kids. ANYWAY-
do you have dates with your kids? If so, tell me about it! When, why, how, what????
I know a Family {that did and probably still does since they are still having kids (12 kids so far) }- where the Dad takes the child out for breakfast on his/her birthday to a restaurant of their choice. I thought that was a cool idea too!
Elijah and I went to White Spot - we never go to real restaurants with the kids... but one on one we(I) can manage and enjoy! So White Spot it was, with a cool Pirate Pack and a milkshake - lucky bum!

I brought books along that we read together... it was nice! We then went to HOJ to find a gift for a birthday party he is going to this coming weekend.
4 comments:
What an awesome idea & a great thing to do, Jen. How very special!!
Very awesome idea!!
Looks like a very fun place to go!!!
That looks quite a cool kid's meal!!
What a nice idea. We also have 3 kiddos. When we had 2 sometimes we would each take one out (on the same night) and do something fun alone, but now we don;t do it as often. There are times that we take the two oldest out and leave the littlest at home with a sitter, but I think those days are coming to an end as she's figuring out what is going on!! I especially like the dad birthday breakfast idea. I'm going to file that one away...
Sounds like a great date! My kids love one-on-one time, and after having 3 kids, doesn't one seem like such a breeze?!!!! Todd is my easiest to please... grocery shopping is even considered a "date" if it's just him! For Scott there usually has to be some kind of food involved for it to qualify!
Post a Comment