Last night Jason and I were out at a FOTF Marriage Tour Night and when we came home there was this wonderful planter sitting here with my name on it... I opened up the card and to my huge surprise...


...it was from two lifelong friends from Saskatchewan! I was so surprised and so overjoyed! Thank You
Jamie and
Laurie from the bottom of my heart! I just love it! And THANK YOU to
Alexa for doing the job of purchasing and delivering this to me yesterday! Sneaky, sneaky you three!
I thought I'd pay a little "tribute" to Jamie and Laurie. When I say lifelong friends, that's no exaggeration! The three of us have been friends since Nursery School!!!! When I moved here in 1987, we remained in contact through snail-mail... and the two trips my Family went back for a visit we were sure to hang out!
I found this picture of a little Sayonara 'party' my little school friends had for me when we were moving away... this is at Julie's house - do you remember it Jamie and Laurie? (Laurie's in the yellow and Jamie's is one of the taller ones in the back-left)

And this is the last time I saw Jamie and Laurie... ten years ago at Laurie and Rolland's wedding in Alberta. My, it's time for a visit! (but we're working on that, right?!)

Now we are all married with at least a few children! We keep in contact daily by the
high-tech email and with these handy dandy blogs... I am so grateful for these two woman who encourage me, who love me, who are Women of God - and as M.W.S. "theme" song was, when we moved here, we are "Friends Forever". Thank you Ladies. God bless you richly! (maybe He'll bless you each with a plane ticket my way?! LOL)
4 comments:
very cool post! The planter does look great! I am so glad it was a nice surprise for you!!
Friends Forever!! :)
Nice post you did, Jen. i don't remember that picture. Where was it taken? Who made the cake? I see that Heidi is in the pic too?? Have a happy 30th. Love you.
Julie (and her mom I guess) hosted a farewell party for me... so September 1987. I assume her mom made the cake, but not totally sure. You all gave me gifts or money or something too.
Yes, I see Heidi in there. I would think your Mom would have thought it would be a good idea that Heidi attend the farewell too since we played together a fair amount too.
How are your plants doing now?
Post a Comment