Sunday, May 04, 2008

Birthday Surprises

Well, this month Alexa and I both turn 30. Yikes; but what can we do?! How about celebrate? How about tell our husbands for the past year or so that we better get something good for in honor of turning 3o this year... well, Andy and Jason did well!

In February, Andy approached me asking if I'd help plan a big surprise party for Alexa... I said sure, of course! When I got home I told Jason that Andy's starting to plan Alexa's... and then thought and suggested to Jason that maybe he and Andy plan a double-party for us since our birthdays are only 12 days apart this month. Jason said that since he had just learnt a couple weeks prior to this conversation that Alexa's birthday is also in May, that he was going to contact Andy but hadn't yet... so, Andy felt bad that he'd already contacted me before Jason had contacted him b/c now this meant the surprise wouldn't really be one for me... but oh well, it's all good! I didn't mind!
So Andy and Jason put together a lovely day for us!
We met at a local day spa for a full body massage followed by a deluxe pedicure! Ah, heavenly!Then we went our separate ways and met up for dinner at a local Greek Restaurant. This Restaurant is always overflowing with guests and last night we heard the birthday song sung to 6 or 7 different people, including ourselves! What a busy month May is!it was an objective of mine to get a picture of Jason and I last night. Pics of just the two of us are basically unheard of ever since having children!
And then after dinner we headed over to a 'surprise' (to Alexa not to me) party for the two of us at Anita's house. Jason and Andy had invited our mutual girlfriends and then 3 couples for each of us - which both of us know each other's friends anyway. Thank you to all the guests who came out to celebrate with us!
And here we are, the birthday girls, enjoying the last days of being 29... Cheers!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

So awesome and so special!!!! :)

Good job Hubbies!!!!

Lookin' good girls!!

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Hope it was a nice surprise & so nice of your hubbies to plan it all. Sweet.

rachel joy said...

Happy Birthday, girls! You both look amazing!

Sarah said...

such a fun day for the two of you!!! hey - is the pic I took?!! probably not, there were lots of people snapping pics at the same time.

Jen S. said...

actually, Sarah, it is! I forgot to give you credit for it! Thanks!