Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

This is a recipe I received at one of my Bridal Showers from Cristal P., whom I used to babysit for. Elijah asked, while pulling out a bowl and measuring cups, to make cookies today... so I agreed and this is what we chose today:


1 1/2 cups butter/margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa
2 3/4 cup flour (I used all whole wheat)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
chocolate chips


Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Mix well.
Add flour, soda and salt. Mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Bake at 350* for 8-9 minutes. (do not overbake)

1 comment:

alexa said...

I got this recipe from Anita. Haven't made it in ages and they are Andy's fav. Thanks they were so yummy... couldn't even tell they were whole wheat. I just made a double batch of my other ones so we'll have to wait a bit before i make these.