In Elijah's preschool, every child gets a turn to take home Bernard the Bear. While the bear is at home with Elijah he needs to dictate a story for me to record and he will illustrate it for the black binder; and these books came in the drawstring bag too with Bernard: Bear Snores On and Brown Bear, Brown Bear. There is also another book that has a picture of each child in it; the story starts out as Brown Bear Brown Bear what do you see? I see ___
child's name___ looking at me... and goes through each child in this handmade book. Elijah is so excited to have Bernard at home tonight!

This morning I went to my Bank to get a Free $10 Gift Card for Chapters/Coles/Indigo Bookstores. I got one! They were giving away one of these to the first 25 customers... all because of their new longer hours. I don't really go to the bank ever, but for this reason I was there before 8:00 to ensure I had that $10 in my pocket!
I knew exactly what I wanted too... and we went and spend the gift card this afternoon at Coles.
Jan Brett's newest book, "The Three Snow Bears". This story is a Nunavit version of the well-known Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It's a good one with beautiful illustrations!
click on Jan Brett's name to go to her website; games, books, colouring... I think this bank may be giving these cards out each day to the first 25 customers, so if you want more info, leave me a comment
2 comments:
I really like Jan Brett. We have "The Mitten", and "The Hat" is on this year's wish list. :)
What a fun idea! Kind of like fun homework.
Post a Comment