
Well, we had an interesting night last night. After Samuel went to bed, he woke shortly after with a cough/hard time breathing. Alexa, Anita and Miriam were all over, so I just got Samuel up and before Alexa went home, she so kindly went and bought me some cough syrup for Samuel. He was acting perfectly normal and not really even coughing, even after this point. But I kept him in my bed last night so I could ensure he was upright most the night (he is a mover in his crib, so there is no way he would have stayed on a pillow propped up on his own). At 4:00am, he awoke with struggles breathing (that's what it sounded like and his chest felt like it was working hard) so I called 9-1-1 right away. They came and accessed him. By this time I had been able to calm him down and he seemed already more normal, but I didn't regret calling for the help. Samuel 'got' to ride in the ambulance to the hospital, while Elijah, Gabriella and I followed in the van. Samuel got a dose of steroids (I think) from a mask of sorts, which he hated - but it's good for a child to hate it and cry to better inhale the meds. They tell me it's Croup. So, we came home and my Mom and Dad picked up Elijah for the day while the other two and I stayed home and play it cool.
Samuel is a bit quiet today, but really he is still pretty normal. He doesn't really cough. The odd time he feels he needs to, I can see him holding it back. I think it may hurt to cough. Now that I know it's croup and have read the Medical Guide about it, hopefully we can make it through tonight with more confidence. It's just very scary when you hear your child wheezing like that...
So here he is. This is for you, Jason. I made Samuel a smoothie with blueberries, banana, that package of Vega (or whatever it's called) and yogurt. He sure loves his smoothies! And that's why this little boy is sooo healthy! This is his first episode of any sickness, really...
We could use your prayers though... over Elijah and Gabriella so that they too don't get this virus that is contagious. And over Samuel for quick healing and a good night tonight. Thanks!
2 comments:
Oh, how awful to deal with that alone! Counting the days with you, and will pray for a good night sleep for your little brood.
PRAYING!!!! Take Care.
Post a Comment