Monday, July 16, 2007

Catching up...

As promised, here is a picture of Grandpa with his first and only Grand-daughter! Taken last week Wednesday, one week old.
And today when we came home at dinner time, there by my front door were 2 packages for Gabriella! Yea! How fun, who doesn't love getting parcels in the mail?! (Uncle John, we all love the "you-pee-ess" driver! Really!) So here is Gabi, day 12, posing with some more recent gifts...thank you to Noah and Katherine for the cute bathing suit! ...to Laurie & Family for the princess dress Gabi will soon fit, F is for Flower outfit and PM Crib Shoes! ...and to Jamie & Family for the so soft and so pink Gabi-personalized blanket (!) and not shown b/c I forgot to grab it and remembered after I put all this away, a jar of Epicure Fruit Dip Mix. Funny b/c Laurie and Jamie rave about "Epicure" and Epicure Home Parties (they both live in Sask!)... this company is from Vancouver Island and I have never, not once been to an Epicure party (invited once, but couldn't make it)... strange eh?! Can't wait to try this dip out!
Thank you Friends for these parcels!! Oh, and the "Cherish" album also in this photo is from Alexa. Couldn't be a more perfect word on a Brag Book than that! Thanks!
This morning we went to Costco... we found these toddler ready-beds (inflatable) on for half price, $15, and so we grabbed two of them. I blew up Elijah's right when we got home so he could nap in it...he was pretty excited!

We are doing well! We had Samuel's and Gabi's portraits done on Friday... I hope to scan them in and show you one of these days. First I am working on getting her annoucements completed and mailed out... and thank you's written and mailed out too.
Before we sit down to watch the Survivor Finale tonight (we borrowed the season with Rupert in it from the Library last week and have managed to polish off the entire season this past week!), I plan to update the sidebar for you.
Cheers!

15 comments:

alexa said...

I seriously have been checking ALL day for a new post :) Wow she looks like Sammie in the picture with her gifts. What a great deal at Costco. The boys will LOVE those.

Anonymous said...

hey jen, i just figured out how to leave a comment and wanted to say congratulations on your adorable little girl. it's great to see how how much you're enjoying her. only 7 more weeks for me to go!!

Laurie said...

Funny you got Jamie and my parcel on the same day! LOL :)

I know you already have a pair of those shoes.....are they different sizes?? I hope she will be able to make use of the dress this summer.....it's hard to know.

Jamie's personalized blanket ideas are awesome, hey! FUn!

Neat way to send out your thank you's on your blog! Very cool.

Hope things are still going so well for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got that already. I just sent it before we left on holidays. Now Gabi & Calleigh have matching dresses.

Jamie

Jen S. said...

-Gabi looks like Sammie, eh?! I so can't see it...but Jason says the same thing ~ sometimes like Samuel sometimes like Elijah
-Annette! Hi! I was sure you had left a comment on the "annoucement" of Gabi's arrival... Thanks for leaving a comment! Yes, you don't have much longer to go, hooray!!! And hey, you can see from my blog that the age gap of Samuel and Gabi is totally cool...I recommend it. So for you and shoot, how do I spell Kallista without butchering her name?, the age gap will be basically the same...you'll do great! And she should too!
-Yes, matching dresses for Calleigh and Gabi. Too fun! When it fits Calleigh, be sure to take a pic and I'll do the same. Is yours pink or the same as Gabi's? Fun idea, Laurie! Thanks!
-Laurie, the crib shoes are all the same size/style, but that's totally fine. I'll bless someone else with a pair too! :)

Jen S. said...

Annette: I checked and you did leave a comment on "we are thrilled to introduce Gabi"... and it looks as though I spelled Kallista correctly! Phew!! :)
Thanks again!
And hey, remember that day I saw you at the library... I commented on the little girl you watch, name, also Gabriella. We had already known this was our Baby's name, but I had never thought of a nickname from this name as Brie... too fun! I think we'll stick with Gabi though since we've been calling her that since we knew she was a girl.

Julie said...

Hi Jen, were there lots of those toddler blow up beds and did they have girly ones too!
i want to get two for the twins..what a great way to transition them!!

Jen S. said...

Hey Julie
Yes, there were lots. There was Thomas, Pooh, Dora and Sesame Street. :)

rachel joy said...

Funny, I just called Paul's cell to send him to Costco to get some for us. He didnt' want to go now and will go later. I was worried that they'd be all gone. Then I read your comment to Julie that there are lots. Good. These will be great for camping this summer. And for Max to sleep in when his Oma comes to visit so she can have his bed. :)
I really want to see you soon, but it might not be until August. Things are nutso for us still.

Jen S. said...

Hi Rachel
Hey... Julie actually just called Costco to make sure they have them on the floor still and they were packing them up to send them off to MTF (you know where that is, right?)... so quick, call and ask b/c Costco put 2 aside for Julie... OR just go to MTF, but call still to see when they will arrive at MTF.
And don't worry about seeing me... I mean, I'd like to visit with you too, but you are busy! I understand! Hopefully the 30th?
Take care!

rachel joy said...

thanks! he had already called me to say there were none at Costco. Costco told me they ship stuff out on Thursdays. Cheerful Brenda, with an 'okey dokey and toot-a-loo" at MTF cannot confirm ANYTHING about what they get and where they get it from and when they get it. She was very vague. I left my name and number for them to call "if" they get them.

Sarah said...

Oh I love that pic of Gabi and Grandpa! So sweet.
And I think we might just have to do a Costco run tonight for some of those beds if they are still there! My boys would go crazy for those!

Jen S. said...

wow, wonder why Costco had to blow these beds out when clearly they are liked by a lot of you out there! I guess the price at 50% off makes people like you and me more keen on treating our kids a little!
I hope MTF will have them for you all soon... and I am sure they will!

Sarah said...

thanks for the note, Jen! I hadn't read the whole "thread" here in your comments... If I get them I get them, and otherwise.... guess I don't need them!!!! thanks!

Anonymous said...

oops, i guess i just had pregnant mom moment-- i know i had tried, but i didn't remember the message actually going through. anyways you guys look like you are doing great and wow, you are just on the ball with announcements/cards, and even keeping your blog updated.