Frosty Chocolate Cheesecake
2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz (180g) semisweet chocolate (melted)
1 cup whipping cream (one small container)
Garnish: whipped cream, grated chocolate if desired
Combine crumbs and butter; press into bottom and slightly up sides of a 9 inch Springform Pan.
Chill.
With electric mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
Beat in egg YOLK and vanilla.
Beat in melted chocolate.
Whip cream and fold into chocolate mixture.
Beat egg WHITE until stiff but not dry; fold into chocolate mixture.
Pour mixture into crumb crust. chill until firm, at least 4 hours. May be frozen. Serve frozen or remove from freezer 1/2 hour before serving.
Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Serves 8-10
I made this for our Care Group last night. It was really yummy and the recipe was requested, so I thought since I was typing it out anyway to email it, I'd just type it here for you too!
I served this cake frozen.... I can't say this is a fast and easy recipe. There are a bit many steps, but it's worth it.
Side note: this recipe came from Alexa (you won't remember that!) in a card for one of my many wedding showers. The theme for that shower, put on by Alexa for our Workplace, was "cooking/recipes". Everyone had given me recipes on recipe cards in their gifts. I have now made this recipe twice; and I guess that's not very many times seeing how I've been married now almost 9 years! But I am one, and do this over and over and over again, to try new recipes all the time....
Bon Appetit!
1 comment:
You are right, I don't remember it. I usually find a new recipe every time i need one (off the internet).
I'll have to try it next time i need to make dessert.
Post a Comment