Monday, July 20, 2009

flutter by, little butterfly...

During my super busy week with the early arrival of Kelly and Lily and VBS at our church, I had already invited Gabi's little two year old friends over for a birthday party! Despite some sickness that week and the pure busyness - we managed her birthday party just fine (and were thankful we could be outside for it)...
the party was from 4:30-6:30 - I served pizza buns (click for recipe), spinach-strawberry salad and watermelon... it turned out really well.
I was debating what theme to do for Gabi's birthday months beforehand - I was tossing around themes like ladybugs, cupcakes, tea party... and ended up with butterflies - due to these headbands I found at Dollarama. Aren't they cute?! Even found a flower for Koby to wear!Really, to me, the theme all comes down to a few decorations, corresponding goody bag favours and the cake... so even though I considered buying a cake this year due to my scheduling that week - I did find the time to put together the cake I had found and had been waiting to do. Pretty simple - but cute.Here are our little buddies - Erin and Gabi -Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

What a sweet heart! Hard to believe she is two!!

Glad that everything came together for you!!

Lisa said...

Wow! 2 already?...time does fly...looks like a really cute bday party...

Patti said...

Jen, those headbands are so adorable! just like your little one. I remember my mom made a butterfly cake for one of my birthdays and then we forgot to serve it, can you imagine. Anyway, great job on the cake!

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

You have the perfect spot for picture taking on that stairway.