We went on Monday to Gibsons to visit with all my Family. Grandma's room in the Complex Care Facility was kept as a room of grievance - nothing was moved from it's place. Before we left for home though, the Grandchildren were able to pick something of Grandma's to keep - so I chose this glass Angel - a perfect description of Grandma - this plate that I gave to my Grandparent's for their 50th Wedding Anniversary when I was 15 years old.
And then when my Parent's returned from the visit in Gibsons, my Mom gave me this greeting card that my Grandma recently painted! I guess the Residents in the Home had the opportunity to do a painting and then they printed it off onto cards. I think she did a marvelous job! These colours were Grandma's favourite colours!
3 comments:
What a neat piece of memorbilia.
All very special! Glad you were able to make it for a visit before she passed away! And some really great pictures of her and the kids!!
Hi Jen, Just coming to your blog for the first time in awhile, so I'm just reading about your Grandma now. I am so sorry for your loss, but what a joy that you will see her again when we all meet Jesus face to face. Not that it is ever easy to say goodbye to someone so special, but it is definitely easier when you are sure of where they are going... I love the special items you chose to remember her by, and it is so neat that you got to see her in May. I am glad it worked out for you to go see your Grandpa recently, too.
Post a Comment