Monday, August 11, 2008

Beach - 1

We had two nights in our favourite vacation spot - Jason and I have gone there probably a dozen or more times in our married life and before kids we would dream about the day when we'd come as a Family... we've continued going since having children and just love it more every year as they get older! We don't however tent it anymore... maybe someday again, but for now the deal we've found on a great hotel within a block of the Beach treats us well!

Off to the beach we go... the hotel even has a whole whack of beach toys to use and beach towels, blankets - so we don't have to bring that stuff along or track back the Oregon sand with us in the van home!

no convincing of these boys to go into the cold ocean water...they drop those buckets and run!Jason with his skim boardGabi was on my back for most of our time at the beach; I took her out for the last bit; I think she's happy I did!I get a kick out of watching Samuel - it's like nothing I've ever experienced or witnessed in daycare children because they weren't siblings and all the same age... but this is what I see - I see Samuel with eyes at the back & side of his head to see EVERY move Elijah makes so that he can be right there behind in his shadow to copy. It's hilarious; I love to watch it; I get a kick out of it. I don't think Elijah notices or if he does he certainly doesn't care. It's great. Uncle John - maybe you witnessed this with your boys? They were pretty close in age....
Here's a prime example... little sea turtles making their way through the sand:

2 comments:

alexa said...

Gotta love the hoodies and shorts LOL that was us the whole time too :)

Laurie said...

Looks like a wonderful time!!! Maybe one year we can join you!!!??? :D