Sunday, March 30, 2008

why not?!

This evening, after dinner, Sammy and Gabi were going to have a bath and Elijah didn't need one since he went swimming at our Fitness Club's pool with Jason this afternoon and showered after the swim... so Elijah's famous question is "can I watch a movie" (we only watch "movies" (videos) since we don't have cable to just flip on); but I didn't want to put one on for him since he had one already this afternoon... so I thought, why not teach him how to vacuum?! He loves to do "jobs" and is always looking for a job to do (especially since the Girls are here and they are asked to do this and that; he's right in there wanting to either do the same or be special enough to have his own task assigned) ... so I got him to clear the floor space (notice a soccer ball on the couch?!) and off I showed him how to vacuum! He vacuumed for a good portion of time and would have done more if I had allowed him! So maybe I don't have to vacuum as much any more?! Though, vacuuming is one of my most tolerable of duties around here! LOL. <

4 comments:

Laurie said...

That's great!!! I should get my kids to vacuum more often too! Train them up right, and we can just sit back and relax, right ;)

What a big helper he is!! :) That is really great!!

Does he want to come and mop my huge floor (which I won't have to keep mopping forever LOL!!!!!) ?

Jen S. said...

well, that's looking on the brighter sides of things, isn't it! :)

And yes, Elijah would probably love to mop your floor for you, at least once... might not look good though afterwards! Now, get either of my boys to swiffer for you... they'd do that everyday! :)

Jen S. said...

well, that's looking on the brighter sides of things, isn't it! :)

And yes, Elijah would probably love to mop your floor for you, at least once... might not look good though afterwards! Now, get either of my boys to swiffer for you... they'd do that everyday! :)

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Good job Elijah. It is so good for them to do little jobs. And better to keep them busy with that rather than tv or videos.