This weekend was(is) the last of Spring Break for our schools and the perfect time to celebrate Ellen's birthday with her friends, now that Easter is over. So for the weekend I had Sophia, Michelle and my Girls (these 4 are the only girls in the group from China).
We began our activites on Friday at the pool for a swim, along with any of the other Classmates that could also join us in honor of Ellen. Their Teacher came and 2 of the of 6 boys were able to meet us there! They swam for awhile...

then we went to McD's (where else?!) for dinner and that's where Ellen opened her gifts

then home for 45 minutes or so, to feed Gabi her dinner and get her into bed before heading out to scrapbook (at a local scrapbook shop)

and back home for a movie; Shrek 3 was requested!

Then Saturday, the weather wasn't cooperating (it actually snowed this past week) to really be outdoors or go to the outdoor amusement rides set up in a local mall parking lot... so we used this chance to do a craft I had set for the girls. Pictures frames - which turned out lovely!

then after dinner, the weather really cleared up and it was 4*, so I decided in a matter of minutes that we'd jump in the van and head to the rides... they were very excited! They each had a coupon we clipped from the Paper good for 6 rides for $13...

May isn't totally into rides; this picture was taken seconds after the ride first started to move! She looks freaked out already!

and since the other girls used their last ride ticket on a ride May was NOT going to go on (Skymaster or something like that), I went on the Tilt-a-Whirl with her!

We survived a weekend with a house(small one) full of 7 kids; we are happy to give their host Families (Alexa is Michelle's host Mom) a good break...!
4 comments:
I love the frames. I want one. Tell me how you did them.
The frames did turn out beautifully! And what fun you had!!!
I mus say the 4* sounds like our weather!
The frames are from Michael's for $1.50 (minus 40% coupon, of course)... I gave each girl corresponding paper with an animal shape I picked up at Michael's last week on sale for 2/$1...
you just cut paper however you like to fit on your frame or like Michelle's frame (far left), she painted hers... you use Modgepodge as glue to adhere the paper to the frame, then Modgepodge ontop of it to make the paper glossy/hard-finish.
It's the same process at the H-O-M-E letters I've done... did I ever show you the frame I have like these?
Thanks for the break... it was much appreciated!
Yes May does look totally freaked!
Post a Comment