
When Elijah was a baby, I went to my first and one & only scrapathon (scrapbooking/cardmaking/papercrafting ALL day event. Jason was at home with Elijah then and brought him twice during the event to nurse, LOL. I have always been tempted to go again, but it has never worked out until this year... and what a perfect year to go since I could accompany 5 Chinese Girls too! This was yesterday, at a local church. It was great! I got lots done and quite enjoyed myself.
Right off the bat, I saw
Sarah was there too! She got lots done too and had a wonderful time at her first scrapathon!
(these first four photos are compliments of Sarah, thanks!)
My Mom was at there too - she goes every year!

These girls caught the eyes of many women at the scrapathon - the youngest girls to attend such an event and the women were all impressed with their scrapbooks and interest in the new hobby!

There were 2 classes offered yesterday at the scrapathon - that you could sign up and pay extra for if you were interested. The girls and I did this 30 minute class - I am very happy with this project! (it was just $4) It's a Christmas wall hanging that says "Be Merry":

There were prizes to be won; and lucky Angel and I won a double-spread layout package and lucky Lily won this Crop-o-Dile:

This Scrapathon is famous (seriously) for the huge, amazing, yummy turkey dinner that is included in the ticket price... yum! The girls were all ecstatic to be able to eat turkey dinner again!

and for dessert... crepes n' ice cream (not sure if it has a specific name or not, but that's what it is) with raspberry sauce:

Then the girls and I had to leave early so that Jason and I could head over to a Halloween Party at some friends of ours... but we got in 9 hours of scrapping!
5 comments:
I've never been to a scrapathon but i would love to be 'forced' to focus on it for so many hours with no kids around! Looks like you had a great time.
Awesome. I didn't realize that you had only gone 1x before. It looks like a lot of fun. I like your little project.
Looks like soooo much fun!!!! That would be something I would really enjoy too!!
Sounds like fun. I did a one day scrapbooking thing once and really enjoyed it, but would definitely love to do it again some time.
It was a fun day, wasn't it?! I had a great time. I am just doing some catch up on your blog and had to laugh to come across a picture of me!!!! hahahah! I forgot to take one of the awesome dessert... could you email that one to me please?
Post a Comment