October 3-5th we went on a Church Family Retreat at a nearby Conference Center. It is a beautiful facility - but not such beautiful weather! Oh well. I packed a tonne of clothes for the kids, all of which were wet and dirty by Sunday...
here are the boys right outside our 'cabin' (more like a lodge) getting all wet and all dirty. Sammy is standing beneath a constant drip from the roof - my friend, Marlene, couldn't believe I would stand there talking with her and another Mom while my boys were drenching themselves! Oh well, I didn't mind in the least!

and this cut tree was surrounded by cut pieces of tree on the ground for future firewood - the boys had a hayday playing with the pieces and getting their wet clothes covered in tree sawdust... again, "go for it!" This is Elijah and William

When we signed up to go to this retreat in May, we had asked one important question '
will we have our own place to bunk in?' and the answer was
yes. This question is extremly important to me who has children who do not sleep all night and is not about to have a
stressful-retreat (oxymoron) b/c we have company in our dwellings! Well, we arrived and what did our package say, but that we had the main level of one of the "suites" (I don't know exactly what to call it; cabin doesn't seem to do it justice). We quickly asked what "main floor" meant before unpacking all of our stuff... well, beyond the expectations of the Planning Committee over 300 people signed up to go on this retreat... so when we had asked if we would get our own place and the answer was yes, she meant that we'd have our own place since who would have ever anticipated this HUGE of a turnout for our first Family Retreat?!! So, so be it, we unpacked and dealt with it! Funny - our kids all slept all night! But the Family upstairs (2 boys ages 4 and 16mo.) had much less luck with their toddler... let me say, I sure didn't mind that he was waking me up - I was just thankful it wasn't us waking them up! ;) This Family - who it was so great to bunk "with" and get to know - didn't stay to sleep the second night but rather went home to their own beds for their own comfort. They did join us for breakfast again in the morning. (my kids did not sleep all night the second night, so that worked out well that it didn't matter so much anyway!)
Anyway - it was a GREAT weekend and the sun broke through those clouds on Sunday, of course, as we are all ready to head home.
We can't wait for the next one...
3 comments:
ooooh sounds lovely!!
Maybe it was good you didn't know you were going to bunk with any other family....might of prevented you from going, or made you stressed. I am glad it worked out so well for you! (other than the wet dirty clothes LOL).
was it at stillwood? looks like fun times despite the weather! I hear you on kids not sleeping great at night. we went from both kids sleeping to now, usually both of them waking 1-2 times a night at least. ( and we have my brother in law and family living downstairs, so i feel bad constantly waking them up)
have you guys moved yet?
Hi Annette!
Yes, it was a SW. :) It's so nice there! And the food, my goodness, what a feast all weekend with all the options of amazing food they prepare there!
No, we haven't moved yet...Mid-Nov. The girls leave on the 6th, so then I pack. Fun.
Did I answer you where we're moving? I need to FB you to tell you exactly where.
Post a Comment