Thursday, October 30, 2008
cookies
We had to bake up a batch of sugar cookies so I could put my pumpkin cookie cutter to use this season! ;) I baked the cookies while Elijah was at school and Luke/Erin were here for their weekly visit - Luke and Sammy had fun decorating a few cookies each and better yet eating one!

I saved lots for Elijah to be able to ice a bunch too that evening
and Gabi's favourite thing to do these past weeks is climb onto the chairs at the table (and fall off once and awhile) - so she had to see what was going on
I saved about a 1/4 of the dough for the girls to be able to do this activity too - so they got to roll out the dough, cut the pumpkin shapes, bake them and then decorate a bunch too - they brought a dozen to school the next day to share them with their Chinese Classmates... they told me that they didn't want to bring one each for the boys because the boys will say they taste terrible if they like them or say they taste wonderful if they don't like them... 'boys will be boys' in any language I guess! So I told them they will bring them all a cookie too and they can tell the boys their Mom (me) made them (which I did)...and that I wanted them to try a cookie and for them to tell me if they liked it (it's all perspective, right?) -- well, the report was that the cookies were SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOO SOOOOOOO good. I just laughed! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH Fun!! The girls did a great job on the faces!!! What did you use, with a paint brush??
I put out a black icing colour that I had bought to make the fondant for Gabi's Hippo cake... they just used a toothpick to "paint" the cookies.
Post a Comment