Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sherry's Yummy Dessert


I have to post this recipe for you... mmmm, it's good and not too bad for you either! :) Gotta like recipes like that.


Bring 1 brick cream cheese (light or regular; light if you are counting calories) to room temperature. Stir into the cream cheese, Butterscotch ice cream Topping. Spread into a shallow dish, like a pie plate. Drizzle with Butterscotch Topping and top with broken Skor Bar (1 or 2 bars, depends how much you want). Use Granny Smith apples to dip into the cream cheese! Mmmm, soooo good! :) Enjoy!
Thanks Sherry for allowing me to post this recipe! (Sherry, this is from memory, it's right, right?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks SO yummy, too bad andy doesn't like cream cheese. I may have to try it out on others sometime.

Laurie said...

Looks and sounds scrumptious!!!! Even with fruit involved LOL :)

Did you figure out how many points per serving by chance!!??

How long did she have the apples sitting there? Was thinking of maybe doing this one for a ladies' night coming up....but can I have the apples cut ahead of time!?

Jen S. said...

Sherry did cut the apples up in the afternoon and put them in lemon juice. They weren't the least bit browning! So I would say you could do that too... (Sherry, if you have any more tips, please leave a comment under "annonymous")

Points... will figure it out. I'll let you know. I have to see a brick of cream cheese to know how many calories it is first. :) Sherry - actually, do you have that info? I guess I need to know what the butterscotch topping is worth too... thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello ladies...a few things to add...

use about 1/4 cup of butterscotch topping to mix in with the cream cheese. Use a little more to drizzle on top

points value...well, I don't know the cream cheese, but the butterscotch topping (I used Smuckers) is 120 cal per 30 ml, O grams fat. I don't know the exact calculations, but I would count it as 1 pt. for each tbsp...totaling about 4 points for the whole recipe. Maybe some of you math savvy people can calculate better! A whole apple is only 1 pt (I think I remember that right) and I cut up 3, putting the extra apple slices in a bowl.

About the browning apples...I finished off the rest of the cut up apples the following Tues, and they STILL had NO brown! I just dipped them quickly (so they don't get too sour) in a shallow bowl of lemon juice...worked great!

Hope this helps...ENJOY this fun and quick recipe!

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Someone who doesn't like cream cheese. AHHH. That makes the best desserts...the only desserts I mean.

Laurie said...

Thanks for the tips Sherry! I hope mine turns out!!!