Sunday, January 06, 2008

Grandpa and Samuel's Party

This afternoon we went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner for the purpose of celebrating two special Men: Dad/Grandpa and Samuel. Of course Sammy's birthday is Jan 1 and well, Dad's Birthday is January 3rd. I am sure the two of them won't mind sharing the Family Party for years and years to come!

We had a wonderful Roast Beef dinner and a yummy ice cream cake for dessert! Samuel was blessed with lots of love and joy in his honor and wonderful gifts from everyone! Grandpa and Grandma give each child a load of toonies on their birthday which they collected throughout the year - this sum is deposited into a Mutual Fund for future. They also got Samuel a cool Mega Blocks Hauler. Beppe gave him a "Cars" framed print which is already hanging up in his room! Uncle Matt filled a gift bag with a Cars shirt, cars Underwear that are a BIG hit and Madagascar sticker book (another favourite of his and Elijah's). And Uncle Paul and Carla gave Samuel a great "Cars" quilt for his new bed (post to come one of these days)! Thanks so much everyone for all these great gifts for Samuel!
After we had our presents and cake, Matt, Paul, Carla, Elijah, Gabi and I headed over to a local church to see the Watoto Children's Choir perform. Always a treat to hear these children sing and tell their stories:

2 comments:

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

I thought it was Samuel & Grandpa not EJ.

I thought Samuel got a quilt for Christmas. I'll go look at older posts.

Jen S. said...

yup, 2 cakes so Grandpa and Sammy each got a cake... Grandpa shared with EJ!

And yes, the quilt Samuel got for Christmas/Birthday at Christmas b/c we knew we'd need it shortly after Christmas for his new bed (post yet to be created!). Good memory, Jamie!