Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy Birthday Samuel!

Well, my middle baby is now two. TWO. Man, where does the time go? He's a little cutey. I just love him to bits. Sammy talks so well; he's been doing 4 word sentences for awhile already... he has taken an interest in going pee on the toilet... he still gets me up at night (LOL)... he loves to play cars... he loves to help out with whatever needs a hand...
this past week he had his second birthday. On Monday we went to Chuck E Cheese as a Family, which he loved and had requested, and to BP for lunch. Of course, his birthday being January 1st is kinda a toughy... so his "friends" party will be coming up this weekend. I always thought (since he was born) that maybe I'd incorporate a birthday party on his half-birthday as he got older... but now I can't! That's basically exactly when Gabriella was born! LOL. Oh well. If I postpone his birthday just a couple weeks, that helps a bit too from being soo and too close to Christmas Festivities. Poor guy.
Excuse this terribly iced cake. Samuel and I baked it together on his birthday, because you can't have a birthday without cake, even if a few more cakes are coming yet! We called this an "igloo" cake - kinda along the lines of that book by Jane Brett, "The Three Snow Bears". Anyway, didn't really matter - he got his candles, his song and to eat some!
Happy Birthday Son!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Samuel!

Nice you can celebrate him so much! :) And nice that Grandpa and Samuel can share parties too!

alexa said...

Happy Bday sammie!! what a little cutie! I never knew his bday was so close to your dad.