Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas in Canada

Well, that was the sole purpose of the trip Rie and Yuuko made to our home from Japan! Long way to come for 1 week (5 days in our home and 1 day in Vancouver). We had a great time sharing with these two Girls the Real meaning of Christmas in all that we did with them!Rie, Elijah and Gabiwe made a turkey dinner on the 22nd (my first)... so the Girl's loved that; and they made the dessert... and we did some more baking toothe first gift I gave to each Student was a 6x6 album that I had re-covered and prepped each spread for them to create (time for them was of the essense) - they really enjoyed doing some scrapping!on our way to Mt. Vernon on the 23rd for a Family Gathering

2 comments:

Laurie said...

How you fit so much in, in 5 days! ...even some scrapbooking!! That's great!

How did your turkey turn out!!!???

Jen S. said...

Thanks for all the comments Laurie! Turkey, my first, was GREAT! :) We had SOOOOOOOOOOO much. We probably ate like not even 1/4 of it, LOL - even with 6 adults, and 2 students. Crazy! Great experience. I am glad I did it and now I can and will do it more... and do whole chickens too.