Monday, May 14, 2007

My Backyard

I got some lovely gifts for Mother's Day and for my upcoming birthday... My Mom and Dad brought over 2 hanging baskets like this (it was on my list)...they are beautiful! Thank you!Jade and Sara had made me a picture and cards for Mother's Day and Elijah did too...as well as a bunch of tulips, 5 of them-one from each of them (Jason, Elijah, Samuel, Jade and Sara). Some other things I rec'd was a Cozy Home Certificate (can't wait to spend it!! thanks Matt) and some snowmen things to add to my Christmas collection...thanks Paul and Carla!

While taking a picture of my hanging basket, I snapped this one of a rhodedendrum (spelling?) for my Saskatchewan Friends! Apparently these aren't in Saskatchewan; well, maybe they are and now this would help you recognize such a bush (and maybe they aren't). Isn't it beautiful?

5 comments:

Jen S. said...

I just looked at Rachel's blog and I believe she has a Rhodo bush in the background in her photos too... hers is a red one... take a peek!

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Nope, they don't look familiar at all.

Laurie said...

Very pretty!!

I am just waiting for my favorite bush to bloom so I can post it....not sure what it is called....maybe you'll be able to tell me :)

alexa said...

Rhododendron ~ my mom had TONS but they were all 10 feet tall or higher so I couldn't steal any. They were more like trees than bushes. We did take some beautiful Irises... I've been meaning to post, i'll do that now.

Jen S. said...

ah hah! the proper spelling of the bush!! :) Thanks!
I have 3 of these in my backyard alone (the biggest one is starting to bloom now too) and 2 in "my" front yard. Love them. I've been admiring all the ones in the whole complex lately too... they are quite a beautiful bush/tree!