Monday, May 07, 2007

Girls Weekend Away

This weekend the Girls and I went away (minus Miriam, although she was able to meet us for dinner on Friday night at least). Our last weekend away (my only other time away) was back in August of 2005, when we all went to the Women of Faith Conference in Portland, Oregon for a weekend.

So it was high time for us to get away again! We started locally, at a spa! Anita and I had pedicures (first one ever for me and it was lovely!); Alexa was in the same room as us having a manicure done


Then we went out for dinner together. Alexa is currently hosting a Chinese Student (Katie) and a Chinese Teacher, from the same group that Jade and Sara are with... and this happened to be the first weekend Cindy (the teacher) was with Alexa, so we included her in our weekend away. She is a sweetie, has very good English... we quite enjoyed her company!

So late nights it was... but I was able to sleep all night long with no children waking me up nor insomnia bothering me both nights! Phew! Just the cat outside the house next door meowed a bit much for all of our liking a wee bit early... oh well.

On Saturday we went to Granville Island, took the little "mini cruise" (seabus) around False Creek stopping in between at Yaletown for lunch at Urban Fair (see Alexa's blog for more info about that!!). Here are three of us on the 'ferry':

Alexa, Cindy and Anita

Then we went to Robson Street for some shopping and dinner... finally making it back to our suite (Anita's Aunt and Uncle have a suite in which they rent out for shorter term stays... it was perfect! Thanks for arranging that for us!) by 9:00pm for scrapbooking/crafting!! It was great!
Here is a picture of Alexa, who's birthday it is today actually... and I. We are both prego! I am 33 weeks here and she is... about 6 weeks behind me, right? So making her about 27 weeks along. (you can tell me if I am calculating wrong)
Again, see ALEXA's blog for some more commentary on our weekend and a few different photos.
Thanks, girls, for a great time away! Jason says we should do this more often (!!!), but I know with new baby's arriving soon...etc, the soonest we calculated another Girl's weekend away is August 2008. That's okay... let the countdown begin!
Cheers!

6 comments:

alexa said...

Unfortunately you are wrong :( I am 8 weeks behind you which means I'm only 25 weeks. See the bottom of my blog. All the mom's I talk to at school can't believe I still have 3 1/2 months.. oh well. I will post a pic of me at 25 weeks with Luke and you'll see it's not much different.

Laurie said...

Looks like an awesome time!!!! Good for all of you!!!! :) Are your feet still soft????

Jen S. said...

First of all, Alexa... I didn't know you had a Baby ticker on your blog. I never scroll down to the bottom! So 25 weeks along. Ok, good to know or remember is more like it. I think you look great btw... you don't look HUGE to me like everyone seems to be hinting at.

Laurie: yes, it was a fantastic time. And yes, my feet are still fairly smooth, I'd say rather than "soft" (don't think they'd ever be soft, not my feet at least).

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Tell me where you went exactly. You mentioned the places but I have no idea where any of those are. Where is Robson Street? Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. And I am so glad to hear that you were able to sleep all night.

Jen S. said...

Jamie...thanks!
We went to Vancouver. So Granville Island is a part of Vancouver; and Yaletown is "the place to live" in Vancouver...and Robson Street is right downtown and is the "shopping" street. Gap, Banana Republic, Espirit...etc.
I'll see if I can't find you a "descriptive" map of Vancouver with such areas labelled.

Jen S. said...

Check out this link. It's a pretty good map of the areas we were in... and it shows you a bit of Stanley park too, where we took our Family at Easter:
http://www.discovervancouver.com/maps/downtown_vancouver_map.asp
(copy and paste this link to your browser)