Monday, January 08, 2007

Our Final Day Adventuring in the Parks...

Our final day at The Happiest Place on Earth was Friday. Mixed emotions for that day... of course there's still a lot of fun to be had that day but knowing that we were going to be heading home that night is always a sad feeling.

This is beautiful, don't you think? It's in the Gift Shop (more like a Costco-size Gift Shop though) in Downtown Disney. We did buy a few things!
We began our day in Disneyland...straight to Pirates of the Caribbean. We walked right onto the ride. For those of you that know that ride, it is known to have a very very long line up... what a great way to start our day... we did more rides including Small World again, then headed over to CAP for the afternoon.

As I was saying in the previous post about the shows being very good quality at both the parks; well, we saw one show called "Drawn to the Magic". It was focused on the characters being drawn and then coming to life off the page... and off the pages came Hercules, Mickey and yea, a Princess! Cinderella! I got to see a Princess (yes I felt like a little girl, it was so nice to see a Princess)! Elijah, now that he is not scared of the characters kissed her a couple times even, it was adorable:
Proof again that somehow an internal switch inside of Elijah was turned to love the characters... he seemed drawn to Max, and we had Max all to ourselves for a bit too, it was wonderful:
Then off to Santa's Beach Party in CAP. It was a dance fest to Beach Boys style music with characters too. Alice in Wonderland invited Elijah to dance and he agreed.Samuel got out on the dance floor too, and spent his time with Pluto:
After our fourth Block Party at CAP, we ventured back to the truck and onto the I-5 for home.

What a spectacular trip! Yes, it had it's moments with our 3 year old (practicing some tantrums that are better dealt with at home, but we managed)... but there were just a few of those and you know, we want to go back again in 2 years!!

sorry if I've bored you with all these photos. It was hard to not just post all the photos, but out of 400+ photos, I think and I did just give you a glimpse into our time in Sunny (99% of the time) California!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice you got to meet up with Cinderella!! :)

Two years is too soon for us! But maybe we'll join ya in 5! :)

Was it warm in "sunny California"?

Jen S. said...

In the sun, during the day, it was warm, yes! What a nice treat. It felt like Spring does here (in BC that is). Off came our hoodies usually in the afternoon. :)

Anonymous said...

It wasn't boring, rather exciting actually! I still think you're so brave. I wonder if EJ was shy of the characters because he wasn't feeling well and was just overwhelmed. Maybe he got much braver when his tummy had settled. Glad you had a good time. When did you get back?

Maybe we'll go in 10 years. :)

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds magical...but exhausting. Wow. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Boy, Jen. You've been home for a week & have been waiting for new posts on your blog.

JH