Saturday, January 20, 2007

Changes, changes, changes

We are home now, and I have been meaning to do a post for awhile, really, but with this new camera and the changes or shall we say adventures we are facing I have not been able to have time to get the new software onto my computer... blah, blah, blah.

So, Samuel turned 1 in Disneyland! And now that he is not confined to a stroller or his carseat while we were on our trip, he got home and basically started walking!! He just walks and walks and even throws in a little attempt at "running" in there too. It's so cute! He is even able to walk in this long towel after bathtime, the other night.Here is Elijah with a nice big smile for you! See, he does smile for the camera...I am now 18 weeks along! Here is a tummy-progress picture for you...

So what changes you ask, besides a walking-1 year old and a growing tummy?!
The day we returned home and I got back onto my computer, I received an email with notice from my Daycare Client. So, as of Feb 1, Jayden will no longer be with us. It's all good... but in our brilliant and prompt action, I emailed a local school that I knew had a group of International Students arriving soon, with the off-chance that there'd somehow be a way we could get one of them to stay in our home, last minute. Well, call it a God-thing, in which this organization did, but they called us on Thursday this week to say that they have 2 Chinese Middle School students for us!!! Unreal. They arrive February 1st. So, very soon. This all means changes, changes, changes... with our living space and rearranging to get a bedroom free for these students to have for the next 5 months. And this means we get to get me a vehicle to use too, a bit earlier than expected... and this all started to happen already last night. Not to mention, Jason's sister Suzan, who is here for a visit today too...! We are crazy, I know!

We are truly excited and can't wait to meet our new students, named Emma and Mary. Well, those are their English names, much easier for us to learn than their Given names. The boys are going to love having them in our home... they are really only kids themselves too, ages 10 and 12.

That's our life... our update... our adventures continue!
Here are some beautiful roses that I bought for myself!! I saw them at Superstore yesterday on clearance for $3.48, so I told Elijah and Samuel that they could buy them for me! Pink, Valentine's, hearts, love... pink... pink... oh, I love pink. I wonder if we're having a girl? Any thoughts? Guesses? Our U/S is on the 3rd, so we shall see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you with you little tummy popping out! Good for you! Isn't it exciting!!

yes, Changes ahead......kind of crazy hey.....but wouldn't life be boring without any changes!

Thanks for the blog update!

Anonymous said...

great post Jen, finally! ;)

What kind of critter is on the towel Sammy is wearing? My boys have the dog and bear from Sears. Where did you get yours? I love those things.

Middle school students?! Wow, so young to be so far from home. Your home and family will be perfect for them.

Anonymous said...

love the tummy! so exciting!
those boys are growing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jen, Jason,and boys,

It was so great to see you all last weekend, my first visit with Samuel and my second with Elijah. They are precious!

Good luch with all of the "changes" and please Jen, don't over-do it, take care of yourself.

Best,

Suzan