Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pinecones and Baby Food Jars

I have Elijah enrolled in his first-ever specialized preschool class for Christmas ~ three weeks (3 classes total) this month... anyway, he brought home his first handmade ornament! So cute!
I thought I'd post a picture of it, so that you could maybe do it with your little (or bigger) ones too... it's super easy, so don't get scared off!
Pinecone... spread some glue on it, sprinkle on some sparkles and voila, a beautiful ornament for your tree and for your child's collection! Oh, tie a ribbon around the top of it so you can hang it.

Next he made a cool candle holder too! Grab a baby food jar (or other jar), tear up some tissue paper (who doesn't have that around this time of year?), glue tissue to the jar... allow to dry before handling. Add a tealight and you've got a festive candle holder handmade by your little one. I'd maybe tie a ribbon around the top of it, to add a bit to it too.
Picture is kinda blurry, but it is a cute little project, eh?!


Merry Christmas! Get your children involved... there's only 12 days left!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

How fun! Elijah must be really enjoying himself! It's great when kids get to bring home projects! :)

I have done the babyfood jar craft a couple years ago with my kids, and they gave them to grandparents as part of a Christmas present! :) So simple!

The pine cone ornament is great! Might try it.....might have to dig through the snow in our back yard to find some! :) We'll see.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Dani did the jar candle holder last year and they modge podged it on. Holds alot better. But it doesn't really matter however you do it it's a great idea.