Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Happiest Place on Earth ~ Day 1

Sorry for not having this post done while you were at church, as promised. Jason did not go to the beach for Boogy Boarding until now (due to wave conditions) so this morning we went to Walmart and found LOTS of deals. :)
Now the boys are trying to nap (ie. Samuel is standing in his playpen opening the curtain flooding the dark hotel room with light while Elijah, actually Elijah is doing a really good job of trying to go to sleep, I have to give him credit!

Here are a few pictures I'll pick for you to see what we saw and did yesterday at Disneyland. Oh, we even had to buy a new camera! A little boy I was holding in the hot tub on our first afternoon here, I won't mention any names, pulled on the camera bag string and right into the water. Unfortunately the camera was in the bag, so it got damp... and is not working so well. So off to Best Buy it was on Friday night!

Down mainstreet in Disneyland it is all decorated for Christmas. And here stands this HUGE tree, jam-packed with ornaments

And of course we need a photo with the all-famous Mickey face.

It was a very busy day yesterday at Disneyland, but to be expected. For one it is a Saturday and nearly New Year's Eve. But we still got a good amount of rides and shows into our day! Tiki Room, Tom Sawyer's Island, Chip n Dale's Treehouse, Goofy's House, Pinoccio (how do you spell it?) ride, Snow White's ride, the Carousel three times, Pooh's ride twice, the Storybook Canal, Casey's Train Ride, Disneyland's Railroad...and these ones too:Aladdin and Jasmine show... the children sat up front for this little production, so when it was over Jason went to get Elijah and I went out with Samuel to get our stroller; little did I know that inside the children were lined up and able to meet Aladin and Jasmine, so I don't have footage of Elijah hugging them. Shucks... unlike the other characters we spotted throughout the park, I guess Elijah liked these two.

(Blogger is not publishing any more photos on this post... will try more in another post)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking yor blog every day, waiting for pics.

JH

Anonymous said...

oh my. You are so very brave. Or crazy. Hhmmm, who are you married to? Yup crazy! (I say this with love, not a mean spirit!) Seeing the pic of you with Samuel on your back totally made me feel overwhelmed at the adventure you have embarked on with your two little ones. Or maybe it's just plain jealousy that I have NEVER EVER been to Disneyland myself. It will be fun to share that first experience with my boys. When they're big. W hen adding photos, I managed to get 20 on one post, and could have done more. Once you download the first five and you are editing them in your post, just click on the photo button again to add more to the same post. Or maybe you did that and it's really not working.

With love from the windiest and rainiest place on earth!

Jen S. said...

Hi Rach
oh my, you haven't been here yet? Has Paul ever? It is sooooo great. And with the boys, they are doing wonderful! Well, read my blog in a bit about today's events... we could use some intervention from above.
Thanks! And be oh so excited for your trip here someday. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Rachel about seeing Samuel on your back makes me overwhelmed too. Glad you are having a blast. I still have no desire to go though.

JH