1 . Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? For sure, Hot Chocolate, but I haven’t had more than 1 cup of it this Season. So… maybe neither! Jason and Elijah both like Egg Nog and I guess they both like Hot Chocolate too!
2 . Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don’t have gifts from Santa… we do do stockings and those gifts are typically unwrapped, opened at Jason’s sisters house traditionally at midnight Christmas Eve. (we did do it early last year though… hope that part continues)
3 . Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have clear icicles with solid blue lights strung outside. On our tree we have clear lights.
4 . Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? December 1st
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey!!
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? After Christmas Eve service at church we’d be antsy to get home to open gifts, but Dad wanted to take the time then to drive around looking at light displays. There’s nothing wrong with doing that, but c’mon, we just wanted to get home and open our gifts!!! One year, my brother Matt, bought me a huge Teddy Bear that I named Cinnamon and have in the boys’ bedroom to this day. Thanks! (sorry that’s more than one memory) AND not as a child, but Jason proposed to me on Christmas Day in 1997!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea. I’m sure I knew he was just pretend at a young age.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a child we did, until Jason and I hooked up, then my Family (as generous as they are) changed their ways to accommodate us! Of course, to my siblings dismay… now they had to wait til Christmas Day to do everything. But on Christmas Eve we go to Jason’s sister’s house after church. Her tradition was to open gifts at midnight, as mentioned earlier, but she agreed to allowing us to do the stockings and gifts at 11:00pm last year! Phew! I don’t think I can make it til midnight very easily anymore. So at her place we do all her family’s gifts, gifts from Jason’s 2 sisters in Quebec… it’s fun!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We cut down a real tree from a local farm… then we string on white lights and decorate it with ornaments that I’ve collected throughout my childhood/adult years, ones that Jason and I have given each other… and now the boys’ collection will be added to the tree each year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It is pretty, but I’d rather not have it. For the sake of driving… it’s better when we just have the rain to deal with.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes I can… it’s been years though! I remember in Saskatchewan there was a public ice area in the local park in our neighbourhood to just go and skate on. Soo cool. Those are the things that Saskatchewan has going for it! (and the wading pool in the summer)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a kid? Ghetto Blaster, probably!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus and His Birthday, teaching that to my kids!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Aren’t they all good?! I make a Cheesecake Tart that is sooooo yummy!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Collecing an ornament each year in our stocking… going to look at Light Displays… decorating… sorry, they are all my favourite!! And we have tonnes of traditions…
17. What tops your tree? We don’t have one. I would love an angel, maybe if “Willow Tree Figureines” made one, that would be perfect!!
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving… it’s so fun to go shopping for deals on the perfect gifts. Receiving is also fun!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? How to only pick one favourite? Jingle Bells, Away in a Manger (this one is a popular one around our home this year, because the boys are learning the actions to go along with it)… and Amy Grant’s Breath of Heaven is a beautiful song, I agree Laurie!
20. Who will be a scrooge and not send this back? I’ve taken the challenge from Laurie to do this… so if you are a fellow-blogger out there, feel free to do it too.
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Hey Jen, congrats on the pregnancy..looks like were preggy at the same time again!
mandy
Post a Comment