Saturday, October 03, 2009

FNB

Friday Night Basketball has been around for a LONG time. Matt, my brother, participated in it one season when he was young. It's a great organization through AIA (Athletes in Action - Power to Change) which is Faith-Based and incorporates God into the sports.
Elijah is signed up for FNB and had his first practice last night!The practice went for 1.5 hours - where they actually focused on learning to dribble, learning the Triple Threat position and some shooting. Elijah is fairly short and hasn't been able to shoot the ball into the high-hoops yet, but that will come! I am happy we have him enrolled in this sport!(this jersey goes past Elijah's knees! so tucking it in seems to be the way he'll want to wear it! LOL)

Since Jason is out of Province {again}, I had 5 kids in tow as we took Elijah to practice! But I brought a bucket of Lego along for Sammy, Kelly and Lily to play in the corner and Gabi, well she just hung out and watched and made friends with the other Moms watching beside us!

2 comments:

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Awesome, I think it is great that they have basketball for children so young.

Laurie said...

What a great experience for EJ! I love that it is a faith based program!

And the lego idea, good thinkin'

He looks great in that first pic!! :)