Sunday, June 21, 2009

zoo

On Friday, I took Samuel and Gabriella to the zoo. Elijah had to be at school for a Sports Day - so he missed out and wishes he could have gone too. We got in with a really good group rate made available to us by my friend Anita who attends a playgroup that was attending! So for $12, we enjoyed a lovely day - Alexa also came with Luke, Erin and Tessina (her neice). It was fun to hang out for the day with them! And the weather was questionable, calling for rain, but we only felt 1 or 2 drops - it was perfect!
Here's what we did and saw...we went on the train for a ride around the zoo - always a hitLuke and Sammy~the hippos were actually out of the water today, so that was nice since the last time I went they were totally submerged and not visible to us at allthe five kiddos - Luke, Tessina, Erin, Sammy and Gabi~Luke and Tessina loved helping out with my wagon - Sammy didn't ride in it at all, but Gabi and Erin enjoyed sharing a ride in there together!best little buddies - Erin and Gabi

3 comments:

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Wow, I can't believe how much bigger Erin is. If I didn't know, I would guess that Erin is 3. How much does she weigh? height?

So you didn't go to EJ's sports day?

Jen S. said...

I was debating about Elijah's Sports Day - I knew I had the opportunity to go to the zoo with the youngest 2 for so cheap... I would have liked to be available for Sports Day, but in reality how long would I have stayed there with my 2 to watch? Plus I had taken the whole day to go with his Class to the Swim Year End Party, so I felt that was pretty good. I then decided that taking S and G to the zoo could be equally important. There will be more sports days!

Laurie said...

The pic of Erin and Gabi at the end is GREAT!!!! Sooooo sweet!!

Looked like a fun day!! Good for you for taking the opportunity!