Time was going
very slow for us for which we were
very thankful. We were able to see and do lots without feeling like we didn't have enough time!
Speaking of time - something you will not find is a clock in the hotel shops and casinos! Vegas is a 24-7 town which is really fun! Even more fun if you are partier and night owl!
We began our day as usual, in the sun and hottub... and then made our way over to The Mirage. A beautiful hotel (most of them are) with beautiful gardens inside (nothing grows in Vegas... nothing can grow in Vegas; it is a dessert. Thankfully they make it beautiful with palm trees and teeny bits of grass here and there - the palm trees are delivered from California! I'm not sure how they keep them 'alive' but I would assume they are a low-maintence, low-water kinda tree).
This is outside
The Mirage - this hotel usually has a volcano "show" but it wasn't running while we were there.

We were headed to The Mirage to enter the
Siegfried & Roy Secret Gardens which I talked about in an earlier post. (click the link and then click the photo tour and video to see more)

This was a neat place to go to- with the dolphins that are there. I'm not sure why they have dolphins there but they do. They didn't do any shows but if a trainer was working with them by chance you'd get to see them do some things. Which we were there at the right time. We literally sat feet away with no glass in front of us watching these dolphins - the most beautful, happy creatures - don't you just love how a dolphin always looks like it's smiling due to the way the mouth crease works?! I love it! I know I posted this exact picture before, but I'll post it again... know that I wasn't really zoomed in much either!

After the dolphins, we saw a small area that was kinda like a very upscale zoo - with Llamas (they weren't Llamas actually but I can't remember what they were called), 2 white Asian Lions that were gorgeous --> this picture isn't great at all but I'll post it to give you an idea -

...some leopards, black panther and this baby Leopard (I think) named Java. He was behind glass with a "trainer" playing with him. Java is only 3 months old. So adorable.
1 comment:
Wow! A white lion! So beautiful is right!!
Great pic of the dolphin!!
I LOVE palm trees :) :) Glad there were some around there :)
Post a Comment