We spotted and followed this school of fish for a bit - it was really neat to see them all turn at the same time
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Ferry
On the weekend we made a long-overdue trip to visit my grandparent's! Yea! It was a most beautiful day to travel over on the ferry and spend the remainder of our time on the Coast beachcombing. Here's a peek at our day.

Here's my Grandma, 92.5 years old, and going strong! She stayed alert for most of our visit. She hugged Elijah's Curious George the entire time and just loved the attention from her great-grandchildren!
My Grandpa, also 92.5 years old. Smart as a whip still! He remembered us and even remembered a job Jason had in the past when he'd come to their neck of the woods on sales calls! I was very impressed!
Then we headed to the beach, first to BBQ some burgers and then play:
Ellen and May spotted this starfish first, how cool!
we found all sorts of sea life in these tidal pools: crabs, oyster shells, barnicles, teeny fish... the crabs were a hit for the girls and Elijah finally held one too

From this beach location we went to the wharf and down into the marina to look at all the boats and where I used to fish with a homemade rod with my Grandpa! To my surprise, as soon as we walked onto the wharf I ran into Emily- a friend of mine from this City that my Grandparent's live in! Crazy!
We spotted and followed this school of fish for a bit - it was really neat to see them all turn at the same time
there was a little girl fishing for shiners on the dock (her Dad was paying her 10c a fish; the fish were for their crab nets) and so she offered Elijah a turn with the rod
What a GREAT day! I think that was more than just a peek into our day, but there are just so many photos - I shared only a glimpse but still nearly 15 pictures!
We spotted and followed this school of fish for a bit - it was really neat to see them all turn at the same time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nice that you were able to go.
I love Gabi's sweater.
You use beach terminology that I've never heard of. What is a wharf? a shiner?
A wharf is like a pier, a landing place for boats (I looked up the definition to explain it best)!
Shiner: a fish about 5 inches long - most people throw them back into the water, but this girl was using them as bait for their crab nets.
Oh, Jamie, it's about time for your Family to visit the Coast for a long fieldtrip!
What a wonderful day trip!! So nice you were able to see your Grandparents, and enjoy a family day!! The starfish does look very cool!!! :)
that picture of grandma leaning in to get Sam's kiss is adorable.
Post a Comment