To all my faithful Blog Readers. I thought I would do a post about a Family from our church... to seek your prayers and possible support. I have included an article about this family, that was written in our local paper... and you can read about it in The Province by clicking here.
"JOHN MORROW / The Abbotsford News
Jody Carson, flanked by her family and Team Tina member Doreen Bauman, chats with Mountain Park Community Church pastor Terry Kaethler on Sunday during the unveiling of a campaign to raise money for her friend, Tina Bacon. Bacon was diagnosed with cancer one month ago and is currently pregnant with her third child.
By JOE MILLICANAbbotsford NewsSep 05 2006
Friends of Tina Bacon are rallying around the Abbotsford woman as she faces up to a breast cancer diagnoses at the same time she is pregnant with her third child.
Bacon, who is married to Matt and already has four-year-old twin daughters, received the news of her illness just one month ago.
For the next three months, she will undergo a modified form of chemotherapy. At that point, according to friend Jody Carson, she will have a caesarian section to give birth to her child and then start aggressive chemo followed by radiation.
After hearing of the 30-year-old's plight, Carson decided to do something about it.
Carson has personally made a large number of Team Tina T-shirts, which are being sold to raise money for the nanny she hopes will provide relief to the family as they cope with the illness.
There will be extra work, however. Because the C-section will remove the baby as quickly as possible - so Bacon can begin her advanced treatment - the family will have to contend with looking after a premature child.
"What do you do? It's a horrible situation," said Carson, pointing out that the baby will likely have to remain in hospital for three months.
"It was so aggressive she had to have her breast removed that week (of diagnosis). She starts a modified form of chemotherapy this week, which is I suppose as good as it can be."
Carson said she wants to raise $10,000 altogether.
"It was my own idea and it has just grown bigger and bigger," she said, pointing out she was hoping to sell 50 T-shirts but has already sold 120.
"I have always been attracted to her great personality and it is being tested in this situation."
Carson's behind-the-scenes work was only unveiled to Bacon, and her teacher husband Matt, during a Sunday service in Lower Sumas Mountain Road's Mountain Park Community Church.
"Tina's a very steady person, but she was beaming," said Carson.
"Her husband was more emotional. He said 'today is the first day since this happened that we felt we could get through all of this.' "
As well as the T-shirts, Carson said she has organized a Trekin' for Tina event, which will be staged on Sept. 23 at Teapot Hill, near Cultus Lake.
People are invited to wear their T-shirts and raise money beforehand, she said."
If you are interested in supporting this Family by donation, feel free to leave me a comment here and I will personally email you information to make that happen!
1 comment:
I have tried a few times to upload a photo I just took of Elijah and I wearing our Team T-shirts...but Blogger isn't cooperating. Sorry.
Post a Comment