We are so lucky to live close to one of the greatest events in Vancouver's history - on Thursday, Feb 18th we took Elijah out of school at Noon and headed in. It was a well-worth trip - we had a blast taking some of it in!
The adventure started with the kids' first trip on the Sky Train!

and all dressed very patriotic -

(Elijah has a Quatchie jogging outfit on, you'll see)
Remember these Eagles I posted in October when we were Downtown with Kelly and Lily? Here's another - Sammy remembered posing by many of them in October so he right away posed in front of this first one we saw off of the sky train - and look at all these Coke People behind him!



we didn't go into any of the Livesites or Pavilions (too long of lines) but stayed entertained by many different street entertainers (tap dancing, spoon-playing, juggling) and LOTS of walking

I want a better picture of this flag - jeepers, I could have taken a perfect one in October - we're hoping to get back Downtown this weekend before the Olympics end, so I may have my chance yet


the cauldron

And how awesome to see the Olympic Mascots do a little 15 minute ice show for us on the Robson Square ice! Yea!!!

the kids even got to high-five them after the show


we caught the overtime of a hockey game by standing in the street with many of these folks, looking into this restaurant's little TV and joining in the cheering! It was such a fun experience - hearing cheering coming from buildings/restaurants all down street!

And as I mentioned we did a lot of walking - from Station Sky Train station, around and about, to Waterfront, more around and about, to Yale Town... and back to Station sky Train station around 8:15pm when we headed for home! Elijah and Sam fell asleep on the sky train... way too cute, my troopers!
Go Canada Go!!
2 comments:
Like I said earlier, what a great experience for your family! nice that you took part in some of the events!!!
Do you often wear hats? (side note)
I wouldn't say I often wear hats... to such events, I have worn hats that are applicable - like a few posts before this I wore a white Canada one b/c of the olympics - and this green one is a Vancouver 2010 hat - so I wore it.
I did wear the green one at Disneyland too, you'll see - b/c of the shade it created for my face in that hot sun. :)
Post a Comment