Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thank You Jason

Well, today is my birthday. Jason is in Montreal for the week, but all is good! On the weekend we had the privilege of hosting Jason's Sister, Suzan... and hosting a Family Dinner complete with guests: Lorraine (Jason's sister), Tim (Lorraine's boyfriend), Michael (Jason's nephew) and Kylie, Grandpa George (Jason's Cousin - who is also our kids' Honorary Grandparents), Grandma Micheline and Meme Lilian (Jason's Aunt). I had a turkey in my freezer that needed to be cooked one of these days and so I suggested we have it for this large Family Dinner. Thanks to Suzan who took over and got that huge and amazing meal taken care of! It was delicious and great to visit with Family!
Here is Aunt Lorraine, Elijah and Grandma Micheline:Jason surprised me with a cake and the biggest (most expensive) gift ever! Something I have wanted for a long time...(no, I didn't win this from one of the giveaways I enter! LOL - we are joking that Jason spent a pretty penny on me; but we are catching up on all the spending he does/done - which will never get anywhere close even with the accessories I can ask for for many birthdays and Christmases to come!)
And Lorraine brought a dozen roses for me - I am soooo excited about my camera. I took it to the lake on Sunday and will do a post on that once I figure out why the SD card I had in that camera says it needs to be formated... I just want my pictures off of it first (any ideas?)... I'd like to take a photography class eventually now too!
Happy Birthday to me... it was a great day. I enjoyed my kids probably more today than I typically do (that sounds bad; I love my kids to death but today was just a little bit different yet) - we did a little shopping for one of my brothers, storytime at the Library, street hockey outside, DQ for supper... it was a lovely day!
Thanks for all the FB birthday wishes Family and Friends! And thanks Jason for this wonderful gift! I love it!

7 comments:

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Glad you had such a nice day.

Jason looks just like Suzan.

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Jen! I would love to get a new camera for my next birthday and also take a photography class some time.

alexa said...

Happy Birthday‼(sorry I didn't FB you ☺)

And i was thinking EJ looks like Lorraine LOL

What beautiful roses and such a fun camera! You'll be able to do so many fun things now!!

I had that problem with formatting the other day and i took the card out and kept trying and finally the computer let me upload the pictures. But I'm thinking you are supposed to format it before you use it. Did you? Just google it... that's what i always do.

Jen S. said...

As for who looks like who... Elijah looks a tonne like Lorraine's son, Michael (when he was younger). I had said before they arrived that I wanted to take a pic of Elijah with Mike, but I guess I forgot.

Laurie said...

I am so glad you got spoiled!! You deserve it!!! What an amazing gift from Jason!! WOW!!! FUn!!!!

Glad you had a wonderful day on your actual birthday too!!! :)

Sarah said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! The picture of the roses is so beautiful! (was that with your new camera?) Enjoy your awesome gift!!!

Jen S. said...

Thanks Sarah!
Yup, I took that pic of the roses with my new camera.
Too fun!