Saturday, April 22, 2006

Future Mathematician

Elijah is now two and a half years old! This is very exciting for me because I went to post secondary school for Early Childhood Education based on teaching children ages 2 1/2 to 5. Finally I can put into action now more of what I learnt.
Elijah has just started imaginary play... which is so great. He puts his "Little People" or stuffed animals on the chairs at the kitchen table for them to eat lunch. It's very fun to watch!
Here you'll see that Elijah has colour sorted the blocks and stacked them accordingly. I did this with him early on... sorting of colours which is considered a basic Math concept. This is typically what he'll do when he gets the blocks out. So... like his Father, he will be a Mathematician! (Jason is so a numbers guy, in case you don't know him.) And I am noticing that Elijah is starting to become particular in how he lays things out, for example, signs of perfectionism maybe... again, like this Daddy!

I am just so thrilled that he has reached this new milestone... makes it more fun for me! Out come all my home-made games, puzzles, etc to play with and use to teach Elijah now.

No comments: