On Friday Jason and Kurt got to sneak away to Whistler for the day and take in the atmosphere up there, as well as getting into the medal game for Men's Biathalon. They were gone for 20 hours and had a great time, of course!
With this being the last weekend of the Olympics, we actually went back Downtown on the 27th with the kids. Happy to partake in the spirit again!
First we took the SeaBus back and forth - a first for the kids and I.

this crazy, wicked steep escalator coming up to ground level from one sky train station(how ironic is that? sky train below ground!)

did I mention in an earlier post, that I was hoping to get a better pic of the Canada flag? well, here it is and it's cool reflection in the following photo:


zipline across Robson - just observing, although a free activity, not doable with children in tow!

and the Downtown Sleep Country store converted the front 1/3 of their store into a neat Olympic display... we were able to pose in this bobsled

we got to skip the line we quickly heard, if we had small children - when outside of Science World - so we actually went into the overhauled SW that was now Russia's Center since they are hosting the winter olympics in 2014.

Here is one of the mascots they've created for the 2014 Games


Fun Fun Day!
We thoroughly got into the Gold Medal Hockey Game on the 28th - and got out to celebrate on our "main street" in town that afternoon --- pics are on my other camera at home. (we're in Anaheim right now)
4 comments:
What is the first picture of? (For those of us who have never been to Vancouver)
Is that an actual flag or painted on?
Jamie - first pic is Canada Place.
The flag is either a vinyl wrap type thing - or fabric. We aren't sure. :)
ah! I wish I had known that about Sochi House @ Science World. That was one I would have taken them into. Paul and I went on the first day of the Paralympics and saw the cauldron (up close, from the platform). We didn't plan it out well as we were at a wedding that morning, but just wanted to catch some of the experience. The murals are all still on the buildings so that was cool to see.
Very nice!!!
I love the Canadian Flag pics!!!! Great job!
So neat that your family got a chance to participate in such an event!
Post a Comment