Sunday, December 13, 2009

annual "friends" Christmas Party

Year after year we have had a Christmas Party and Jason and I have hosted quite a few of them over the years. I never end up taking pictures, but this year I was sure to!
We always do a potluck dinner, usually appetizers galore, but this year I decided upon a Mexican Themed Dinner. I made two chicken enchilada dishes and rice... and others brought a Taco Salad, Bean-Avacado Dish, Mexican Spirals and Green Salad. It was a wonderful dinner! There was talk of having another theme next year and having 'best dressed couple' to go with the theme. I did have that in the invitation this year, that people could come dressed in their Mexico-best, and Aaron did! He was great with mustache painted on and heavy, authentic, large hat on his head! Thanks for your enthusiasm!
For dessert we pulled out a Chocolate Fondue Fountain that Jason's Cousins gave us (Georges and Micheline) - it worked out well with the assortment of dippers we had (cherries, pineapple, bananas, pretzels, cookies, cream puffs and more)
Here is Dana - and Jason, Steve and his new Bride, Jen (there were 3 Jen's here that night!) and then our tradition is to bring a 'white elephant' gift (something used, gag or re-gift) - we got some good stealing going on this year! Makes it more fun!
Here is Aaron with is painted on facial hair:and Sara picking a giftand Kurt opening a little teapot and teacup setand Jen opening this crazy fish that can actually swimNathan stole that as fast as he could!It was another wonderful evening of visiting!

I didn't get pictures of everyone! Sorry!
And we missed you out, Brian & Korinne, Paul & Rachel, Paul & Lisa! Next year!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

FUN!!!!

The chocolate fountain looks beautiful and fun!!!

again, a great host you are!!