Monday, August 17, 2009

Local Fair

On August 2nd we went to our local fair for the day - the entire day (8:30am-9:30pm)!
Starting with a pancake breakfast:then visiting and collecting all the cards of each of the horse & riders that participate in the RCMP Musical Ride.Cool butt, huh?!we watched the show put to music - it was fantastic!
Face painting of course:we watched a wrestling match which was pretty fun for the kids to see it in real life! LOL. Here's WWF's The Honky Tonk Manand the milk demonstration put on by yours truly, Gabi and Sam!
*** my camera then died and unfortunately I didn't put my freshly charged back up batteries into my camera case, so that's all I got! Wah. Oh well.

We spent the rest of the day looking at the animals and exhibits, Lumberjack Show..etc. and BBQ'd some hotdogs for dinner while marking our territory at the stands for the Rodeo.

While watching the Rodeo, I whispered to Sam to go and collect a couple pop bottles that were lying beneath the bleachers beside us (thought it could be a good "job" lesson)... sure enough this escalated and he wanted to browse the entire bleacher-bottoms as his "job" for more bottles and cans - people even started to drop down theirs to this adorable little boy collecting plastic... I used Lily's camera to get these photos of him with some of his 'hard' work:Jason took him to the recyle depot that week to see his bottles/cans turn into money - it was perfect. Then they went to Superstore and bought some candies in the bulk section! He was so proud!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

What a GREAT day!!!!!! Looks like a wonderful time!! Great experience.....returning bottles/cans for $! FUN!!!!

rachel joy said...

Wow, what a day. I don't think my kids or husband would have the stamina to spend the whole day out like that. I didn't realize the musical ride would be there, would have liked to see that. Will it be back next year? I didn't so much enjoy the other horse/music show last year.