Like last year at this time with Moeko in our house, this Fall I wanted to make caramel apples with my kids, Amy and Fran. Amy and Fran are on their way home this week, so this activity is on my list of things yet to do with them. So at our little 'farewell' dinner at Grandpa and Grandma's last night I brought over a bag of caramels to melt and a bunch of trick or treats to add to the apples... yummy fun!
I used caramel squares (that I bought from Safeway in a bag rather than the bulk ones from Superstore that didn't seem all that soft to me) - bit of water and vanilla. And melted.
The bag of caramels from Safeway had a recipe on the bag and sticks in the bag... so I guess most people buy them to make the apples. Anyway, the recipe on the bag called for cream... which would probably be tasty.
I went to Allrecipes.com; you can search "plain caramel apples" and you'll get the recipe I went by. :)
2 comments:
What a great idea! Did you use straight carmel squares, or did you have to add anything else to it?
I used caramel squares (that I bought from Safeway in a bag rather than the bulk ones from Superstore that didn't seem all that soft to me) - bit of water and vanilla. And melted.
The bag of caramels from Safeway had a recipe on the bag and sticks in the bag... so I guess most people buy them to make the apples. Anyway, the recipe on the bag called for cream... which would probably be tasty.
I went to Allrecipes.com; you can search "plain caramel apples" and you'll get the recipe I went by. :)
Post a Comment