Sunday, April 06, 2008

9 months

Gabriella is now 9 months old.

Her favourite place to be in the last week or so is here, under the table where she might{will} find some crumbs and droppings from the table, LOL!and especially when her closest sibling either leaves his bowl of dry cheerios sitting on the floor, Gabi is all over that!
This past week she got her first taste of rice puffs and cheerios - rice puffs my first choice to give her since they melt in her mouth pretty quick Gabriella:
- wants to eat what we are eating. This week she also got some cereal bar to try, some bun, a pickle which she loved to suck. So it won't be long until I am just breaking her up all of our food for her to eat.
- she can drink through a straw... I couldn't remember at what age we tried with Elijah one time when we were eating out but I knew it was young; so last Monday (31st) we went to BP for lunch and I let Gabi try some water from my cup - sure enough she did it
- she started to say "da da" this past week - Jason hasn't heard it yet though since he is away on business
- she crawls all over the place and walks really well along the furniture... it's just amazing to watch since she seems so small to be doing this! Though I am sure the boys were about her size too at this age!
I think that's all there is to update on for this month... and her portrait is scheduled for this afternoon!

3 comments:

Korinne Tjepkema said...

Rice puffs!!! I've just been looking for those for Koby and couldn't find them anywhere! He hates texture and I've had a hard time convincing him to eat anything but his pureed foods. Although he did find some of Mercy's cheerios after they'd sat in some milk for awhile and he decided that they were okay - crazy kid!

Jen S. said...

Hi Korinne!
I got them at Superstore. Cereal Aisle, closer to the oatmeal... near the bottom of the racks, I think. They are in a huge bag for like $2.50. :)

Laurie said...

Time is flying!!!

Fun new phases!