Saturday, December 25, 2010

it's Christmas Time in the City

Merry Christmas!!
I have been MIA - 2010 has come and almost gone - it's been a busy year of many travels actually - all good of course, but busy. I've just posted a Photo Album I just completed quickly for my Dad's upcoming birthday - so take a peek at that below here for an overview of our 9 days in Hawaii last month. My camera was stolen at the end of our trip, so it was a rocky-emotional time coming back home without it... Jason has since replaced it, for which I am so grateful!

Anyway - here's an updated photo of my children for you... I was not on the ball this year with Christmas - really didn't do any baking, didn't organize a bake exchange, Christmas seemed to arrive while we were away in Hawaii thinking it is the middle of summer with what we were experiencing there - so much going on, I didn't get cards out this year or anything. So from our HOME to YOURS - Merry Christmas and thank you for your greetings that we've received so generously from so many of you!

I'll upload a few photos from this month to share with you:
Jason surprised the kids with a turtle ornament each like this, that he sneaked as souvineers from Maui - totally representation of our trip and super cute I think!I attended a "sharing class" with Sam and Gabi last week; the class was a parent-participation class to show what they are doing and enjoy it with themI assisted Elijah's class on a fieldtrip to a local grocery store where each child was given $10, which their grade had worked for by collecting the schools recycling, to buy groceries for the Food Bank - it was so awesome! The 3 boys in our group had fun choosing appropriate foods and seeing how it worked to dwindle the $10 down - then we went to the Food Bank to deliver the groceries; talk about a great experience!Last week Sam had a little concert in his preschool for Jason and I to attend during his last class before vacation...Sam sang his heart out and knew every single word; it was adorable!Then that night Elijah had his Primary Concert - this he had to wear red since he's in grade 2; he had a part in playing the Triangle for one of the songs they performedI also joined Elijah's class for a Craft Morning - in a group of 4 children and myself, we went to 6 stations doing a different craft at each one - again, so thrilled to be a part of that!Last Friday we drove into a nearby city and found 3 amazing light displays that we have never been to before - this one pictured below, included a free horse/carriage ride around the park, and free pony rides which were the highlight (we get asked sometimes if Sam and Gabi are twins - this picture kinda makes you believe they could be:)Sam wrote his name for the first time this week! Not in order, and one letter backwards, but hey, all on his own! Makes me so proud! Oh and this is his turtle; he's been drawing lots of turtles lately inspired by Hawaiian memories!My Girlfriend Pamela came to visit us a few days after arriving home on 'furlough' from Missions work... the kids just adore herAnd finally - I was feeling so guilty for not having a good Christmas photo to send out this year, so I snapped a few at least at the School before the concert - EJ wasn't into it very well probably because people were entering the building as we were there snapping photos, and I think he was thinking this was HIS night to shine so I should be taking his photo in his school; Gabi was soooo "on" and loving this photo shootElijah insisted on having a photo by himself - so here's my big boyMerry Christmas All - it's been a fun season full of memories and lots of visits!

No comments: